Our primary focus is on serving our customers and ensuring they have access to safe and convenient services during this period.
Cybercriminals take advantage of the COVID-19 pandemic to devise new scams. Remain extra vigilant, especially when responding to emails, giving out confidential information or clicking on links.
The following branches will be open from 08:00 - 15:00, Monday - Friday.
- 24 de Julho
- Alto Mae
- Av de Mocambiue
- Av de Angola
- Fernao de Magalhaes
- Guerra Popular
- Mao Tsetung
- Mocimboa da Praia
- Ressano Garcia
The following branches will have special operating hours, Monday-Friday.
Branch Monday - Friday 25 de Setembro 08:00-16:00 Baia Mall 09:30-19:00 Centro de Negocios 08:00-17:00 Matola Shoprite 09:00:16:30 Matola Spar
09:00-16:30 Hollard 08:00-16:00 Polana 08:00-16:00 Torres Rani 08:00-16:00
The following branches will be open from 09:00-12:00 on Saturdays
- 25 de Setembro
- Alto Mae
- Av. De Mocambique
- Mao Tse Tung
- Matola Shoprite
- Matola Spar
*Baia Mall branch will be open from 10:00-15:00 on Saturdays
While we remain open as an essential service, we appeal to customers to only come to the branch for emergencies. Heed to the social distancing regulations and make use of our digital banking channels.
All our ATMs will continue to work and be maintained. Customers are encouraged to use our Cash Accepting ATMs for deposits and digital channels for banking transactions, rather than visiting a branch during this emergency situation.
Please remember to wash your hands with soap for 20 seconds (or use sanitiser) before and after withdrawing cash from an ATM, and practice social distancing at the ATM machine, in the interests of your health and safety, and those around you.
Absa’s main priority is the safety of its customers, employees and community members. As such, we have made every effort to ensure that the following measures are in place:
- Hand sanitisers have been made available for staff to use after every transaction or customer interaction.
- Hand sanitisers are also available for customer use when visiting a branch.
- Cash handlers have been provided with regulation gloves.
- All cleaning protocols have been enhanced (e.g. sanitisation of desks, counters, etc.).
- Educational initiatives have been implemented for staff members (increasing awareness around hygiene and general behaviour).
We have made every effort to try and make our facilities as safe as possible for our employees, customers, suppliers and other visitors. However, we would appeal to everyone to take the necessary precautionary measures and apply the COVID-19 hygiene and social distancing practices.
As a way to reduce the financial impact of Covid-19, Absa Bank Mozambique is available to apply financial relief solutions to its Customers through payment holidays of Capital and Interest rates. These solutions are aimed at all Customers (individuals and companies) financially affected by the pandemic.
1. Credit relief:
- 3 months repayment holiday for all clients with permanent employment in the public service.
- 6 months repayment holiday for all other eligible customers.
- Customers will not pay any installments during the term of the relief period and at the end of the period the normal installment payment cycle begins.
- Interest on the relief period will be capitalized and we will extend your loan repayment period to accommodate the repayment holiday.
2. Special conditions:
- Absa Bank Moçambique is available to evaluate special situations for which the above credit relief established are not applicable or are insufficient.
You can request a payment relief by choosing one of the following ways:
- Visit one of our branches
- Send an email with the request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact the Customer care center at 1223 / 21344400
Note: the request for a payment relief ends on 30 June.
Your financial wellbeing is important to us, and Absa Mozambique is committed to supporting you through this difficult time.
Please contact us if you are experiencing financial difficulties as a result of the pandemic, so that we can help you best navigate the unique challenges that you face.
For more information, contact your relationship manager or call 1223/21344400.
Never share your card PIN, card CVV, card one-time PIN (OTP), online banking PIN or online banking password with anyone. Visit our security centre for more information.
Absa Mozambique fully supports Government’s decisive actions to reduce the health and economic impacts of COVID-19 on the country. The health and safety of our employees, customers and our community is a top priority. Our digital and telephonic customer service channels are fully operational for customers to engage with us. It’s easy to bank digitally from home with Absa. You can check balances, transfer money and pay bills on the Absa Mobile Banking App, cellphone banking or internet banking.
As an active corporate citizen, Absa Mozambique has been working to develop a number of government efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19, and Absa is also participating in an industry-wide response to support local economies during this time. In addition, we are working with all relevant authorities and regulators to ensure that critical banking and financial services remain available, and to facilitate economic relief measures for customers and clients in respect of their debt obligations.